The 3rd race in the USN MTB Series takes place this coming Saturday, 22nd August on the Sigiria side of Karura Forest (off Thigiri Ridge Road near New Muthaiga Shopping Mall.) The course is an 8km loop, mostly single track, and you will be riding 3 loops – 24km and 280m climbing total. The format of this race will be different to the usual so please take note of the following information:
1. Riders will be setting off in pairs, every 30 seconds (start list attached)
2. Briefing at 8:45am at start line
3. First riders off at 9am SHARP
4. Be at the start chute 5 minutes before your starting time
5. If you miss your allocated time, you will have to wait until the last rider has left – your time will start from your appointed time, i.e if your starting time is at 09:00 and you leave at 09:45, you will have 45 minutes added to your time. Be on time!
6. Registration opens at 7:45am. REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 8:40am – no rider will be able to register after this time.
7. Race numbers must be attached to the front of your handlebars.
The majority of the this route is single track, so please be courteous to other riders on the track. If you need to pass, please inform the rider ahead with plenty of time that you are coming through and which side. If you are asked to give way, please do so when you can safely.
Race numbers can NOT be exchanged unless the registration desk has been informed on race day.
ENTRY INTO KARURA – As this is an official event, entry into the forest is 500/= per person
VOLUNTEERS – if you are free on the morning of race, we are still in need of a few volunteers to help with marshalling the event. If you are willing to help out, please contact me on helenkinuthia[at]gmail.com.
If you do not see your name on the start list then you have not registered online and will not be able to ride. If you have paid but not registered online then you will be given a refund. Any queries about registration can be answered by Marvin at USN – marvochieng[at]gmail.com
The series rankings will be published this Friday before the race. Any questions please get in touch!