Registration for RVO Sagana Hills (13/14 June) closes on 31 May, please click here to register.
Registration for RVO Sagana Hills 13/14 June is open, please click here to register. Early bird registration closes 30 April.
RVO Sagana Hills is a 2 day MTB adventure race, based at Savage Wildnerness Camp, Sagana, only 1.5 hours drive north from Nairobi google map. This event is designed mid level between RVO Malepo Hills and the breathtaking 5 day Standard Chartered Rift Valley Odyssey 23-27 September click here. If you plan on riding the Standard Chartered Rift Valley Odyssey in September, this is the perfect event to gain experience on.
- Day 1: 64 km ascent: 800 m start 09:00
- Night: 7 km ascent: 80 m start 19:00
- Day 2: 47 km ascent: 1200 m start 07:30
- Early bird registration KES 12,000 pp
- Single day registration KES 6,000 pp
- Accommodation details embedded in registration form
- 100% GPS self navigation
- Single water / spectator point per day
- Team event with 2 or 3 partners per team, that must remain together throughout the race
- Teams will start off at 2 minute intervals
- Massage service available
- There will not be any prize money
This is a superb race for the family to join in, Savage Wildnerness camp click here has full amenities, restaurant, cottages, swimming pool, spacious gardens, white water rafting, rock climbing, bungee jumping, zip-lining 70m across Tana River. You may book a cottage, tent or self camp; meal plan is from Saturday lunch to Sunday lunch (Friday is optional extra).
Accommodation details are embedded within the registration form.
RVO Sagana Hills requires an average fitness level with medium technical skills. GPS self-navigation will be more challenging than at RVO Malepo Hills. The trails include plenty of jeep / single track with short technical sections and some tough climbs with exciting descents. As with all RVO events, consider your camera as mandatory ride equipment.
This is a superb race for the family to attend, Savage Wildnerness camp click here has full amenities, restaurant, cottages, swimming pool, ample gardens, white water rafting, rock climbing, bungee jumping, zip-lining 70m across Tana River. You may book a cottage, tent or self camp, the choice is yours. A meal plan is available from Friday dinner to Sunday lunch.